The lab’s nanopore sequencing papers, recent preprints and recently published papers are listed on the right.
A full list of Kat’s papers is available via Google Scholar.
Blog posts on past papers:
• Global genomic framework for typhoid (Nature Communications)
• Evolution of atypical enteropathogenic E. coli by repeated acquisition of LEE pathogenicity island variants (Nature Microbiology)
• Genomic analysis of diversity, population structure, virulence, and antimicrobial resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae, an urgent threat to public health (PNAS)
• Phylogeographical analysis of the dominant multidrug-resistant H58 clade of SalmonellaTyphi identifies inter- and intracontinental transmission events (Nature Genetics)
• The Infant Nasopharyngeal Microbiome Impacts Severity of Lower Respiratory Infection and Risk of Asthma Development (Cell Host & Microbe)
• SRST2: Rapid genomic surveillance for public health and hospital microbiology labs (Genome Medicine)
• Beginner’s Guide to Bacterial Genomics (Microbial Informatics & Experimentation)
• Combined high-resolution genotyping and geospatial analysis reveals modes of endemic urban typhoid fever transmission (Open Biology)
• Shigella sonnei genome sequencing and phylogenetic analysis indicate recent global dissemination from Europe (Nature Genetics)
• Tracking the establishment of local endemic populations of an emergent enteric pathogen (PNAS)